Austin J. Dragoo is an associate attorney at Sheftall & Associates. Austin is a member of the firm’s transactional department, and practices in the areas of real estate, corporate, banking and finance, contract negotiations, leasing, licensing, and sports and entertainment law. He joined the firm as a law clerk in 2012 and hired on as an associate in 2013.
Austin first came to Jacksonville in 2010 to attend Florida Coastal School of Law and graduated summa cum laude and 2nd in his class of 563 students. While in school, Austin served as a Law Review staff editor and was elected to the Executive Committee of the Moot Court Honor Board. While a member of the Honor Board, Mr. Dragoo was chosen to compete in five national competitions and helped the Honor Board achieve a ranking of 2nd among all law schools in the United States. Prior to becoming a clerk at Sheftall & Associates, Austin clerked as a student intern for Judge Roy B. Dalton, Jr., at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and worked as a summer associate in a Jacksonville litigation boutique.
Before law school, Austin worked for Sallie Mae where he liaised between Operations and IT, led a team to develop and implement collections strategies, and helped manage a multibillion-dollar loan portfolio.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida (Jurist Doctor, summa cum laude, 2013)
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana (Bachelor of Arts, 2006)
- Florida (2013-present)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2014-present)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Civic & Community Involvement
- Member of NAIOP and NAIOP of Northeast Florida Chapter
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Downtown Lockup Participant & Contributor (2014, 2016)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Contributor Supporter of Dreams Come True of Jacksonville