Your Trial Advocates | Experienced Business Litigation Attorneys
Our team of business attorneys are here to help you through any type of commercial litigation you require. We are not, however, just litigators; our goal is to be true trial advocates, which means we are working together with you to represent your specific interests. Our attorneys will represent you with single-minded focus — while preparing your case and every time we set foot in the courtroom or arbitration tribunal.
We have experience working on a wide range of different types of business litigation cases, and it is this experience that can make the difference for your matter.
Business Litigation Practice Areas:
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes – Our litigation and corporate legal departments work closely together to formulate the best strategies for our clients. Whether through arbitration or trial, we ensure our clients best interests are represented properly.
- Employment Disability Claims and Defenses – Our attorneys have represented CEOs, Vice-Presidents, and rank-and-file employees in breach of employment, FMLA, and ADA claims. Armed with in-depth knowledge of employment law, we will fight aggressively on your behalf.
- Breach of Contract – Our attorneys have nearly 40 years of experience handling breach of contract cases, and we are ready to put that experience to work for you. We work on disputes related to a variety of different commercial settings, and are able to prosecute or defend against claims of breach of contract.
- Insurance Fraud and Coverage Disputes – Our team has experience working with both plaintiffs and insurance companies on cases related to insurance fraud and coverage disputes. In this often complex legal area, our knowledge of the relevant laws can help give you the best possible results.
- Breach of Distributorship Agreements – Sheftall and Associates has worked on breach of distributorship agreements in both state and federal courts, securing our clients substantial verdicts.
- Satisfaction of Judgments/Proceedings Supplementary/Fraudulent Transfers – We have years of experience in litigation efforts to collect on judgements from debtors and third parties. Using aggressive strategies in proceedings to establish successor liability for money, we have secured judgments worth millions of dollars. Our team works hard to adeptly gather supporting evidence to help sustain the applicability of doctrines, including alter ego, fraudulent transfer, merger and subsidiary liability.
- Antitrust – We have successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving horizontal and vertical price fixing schemes, group boycotts, trade association restraints of trade, vertical restraints issues (including price maintenance, division of markets, tying arrangements, and full line forcing), price discrimination and monopolization.
- Business and Product Disparagement Claims – We represent plaintiffs and defendants in product disparagement cases involving a variety of laws, including the federal Lanham Act. If you believe a competitor has crossed the line in its advertising, or someone is accusing your business of the same, our team of experienced attorneys can help get you the results you deserve.
- False Advertising Claims – Our team works hard on behalf of plaintiffs who have a legitimate claim of false advertising against local, national, and international corporations. We have also successfully defended corporations unjustly accused of false advertising.
- Denial of Life Insurance and Disability Insurance Claims – We have successfully recovered both life and disability benefits that were wrongfully denied by insurance companies. We are passionate about helping policyholders and beneficiaries get the benefits to which they are entitled.
- Real Estate Claims – Disputes related to real estate can be particularly complicated. Our team coordinates closely with real estate transaction specialists to devise the right strategies to represent our client’s interests in these disputes. We can represent plaintiffs and defendants in real estate claim cases.
- Breach of Commercial Lease Agreement Claims – We have experience analyzing and litigating the full range of issues that arise from breach of commercial leases. Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, if you have been wronged, we will work hard on your behalf to ensure justice is done.
- Arbitration – We have litigated AAA arbitrations from start to finish, and are prepared to help clients in this important area of dispute resolution.
- International Arbitration – Arbitration between international parties is a very specialized area that requires experience, knowledge and hard work. We have a proven track record of success, having prevailed in arbitral trials for our American clients against foreign nationals, and then confirmed and satisfied the award in the losing party’s foreign country. We have experience in handling all aspects of dispute resolution under The New York Convention.
- Estate Litigation – Estate litigation (including breach of fiduciary duty, undue influence, lack of capacity, breach of powers of attorney, and more) is a very important, and often very personal area of law. We have years of experience litigating and successfully trying cases where family members, acquaintances, or professionals have wrongfully acquired the property of an elderly or incapacitated person. These are often particularly bitter, hard-fought disputes, which require the attorney’s focus, perseverance, and an effective presentation of the facts. This is where our partner attorneys excel and will represent your interests aggressively in court.
Contact Us for Business Litigation Help
If you have questions about any of the areas mentioned above, or you would like to schedule a free consultation for your specific case please contact us.