A skilled attorney with unusually broad legal experience, John Sefton advises clients on the acquisitions and sales of businesses, real estate, and related corporate assets, as well as performing trusts and estates work. His clients have included foreign investors in U.S. assets, family corporations, public companies, financial institutions, and agri-business concerns.
Augmenting Mr. Sefton’s transactional practice is significant experience in the regulatory areas of banking law, mortgage lending, brokerage law, and environmental law. In addition, his litigation experience, including arguments before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Florida Supreme Court, reinforces his deep understanding of the business and legal risks facing his clients.
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut (J.D. 1974)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A. 1971)
- United States Naval Reserve
- Florida (1974)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th and 11th Circuits
- United States Supreme Court (1980)
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Practicing Law Institute
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell