Motor vehicle accidents can occur at any time and for many reasons. Dangers on the road are something Floridians are all too familiar with. In fact, every year, more than 251,000 people are injured in motor vehicle accidents throughout Florida. These accidents are often caused by reckless and negligent drivers. Many individuals injured in auto accidents are often admitted into area hospitals where they must undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries. Numerous victims are forced out of work for several weeks as they undergo multiple surgeries and lengthy recoveries.
No matter how aggressive and careful drivers are while traveling through Florida, they are never out of harm’s way. In fact, a large percentage of auto accidents across our state are caused by reckless and negligent drivers. When victims are injured in accidents, they are often overwhelmed by the mental, physical, and emotional consequences they must endure. The financial burdens, in many cases, are stacked against them as well causing additional anxiety to an already stressful situation. For this reason, it is imperative that auto accident victims reach out to a competent and trustworthy auto accident attorney in Jacksonville, Florida as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
We at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates have decades of experience and help victims protect their legal rights after being injured in auto collisions across Jacksonville and throughout Florida. Our experienced Jacksonville personal injury attorneys will gather evidence and investigate claims for victims to support the legal allegations listed in their claims against the at-fault party. This will strengthen their case and ensure they are able to obtain the justice and compensation they deserve. If you were injured in an accident, due to the actions of another driver, contact our Jacksonville car accident attorneys as soon as possible to see how we can assist you.
Types of Auto Accident Claims our Team Handles
Thousands of people are injured in auto accidents weekly, here in Florida. In many cases, victims sustain life-altering injuries in collisions as a result of another driver’s careless behavior. When individuals are injured in these collisions, it is important that they act quickly to protect their legal rights. Victims have the best chance of obtaining the maximum amount of compensation available to them in order to alleviate their financial burdens when they retain an experienced auto accident attorney in Jacksonville.
Our team at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates is dedicated to helping victims recover from their accidents by providing them with proven and effective legal representation. Regardless of the type of accident you were injured in, we will assist you in getting the justice you deserve. Over the years, our auto accident attorneys in Jacksonville have helped victims throughout the state of Florida with their legal claims
involving a variety of accident types, including, but not limited to:
- Car Accidents: An average of 650 car accidents take place daily across Florida. These accidents add up to more than 200,000 incidents per year, leaving tens of thousands of victims with devastating injuries. Our team at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates advocates on behalf of injured victims by providing compassionate and effective legal representation.
- Truck Accidents: Each year, more than 32,000 semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents occur throughout the state of Florida. These accidents are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries for victims due to the size and weight of the vehicles. Our competent auto accident attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve and need for present and future medical treatment, including therapy, as well as compensation for other damages incurred. Our team at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates has extensive knowledge of laws and regulations surrounding truck accidents, which enables us to help victims get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
- Bicycle Accidents: An average of 6,175 bicyclists are injured in auto accidents across Florida each year. These accidents often force victims into area hospitals where they have to undergo extensive medical treatment and spend weeks or even months off work to recover. Our team at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates provides reputable legal representation to ensure those harmed get the justice and compensation they deserve from those who cause them harm.
- Motorcycle Accidents: More than 10,000 motorcycle accidents occur throughout the state of Florida each year. These accidents claim the lives of upwards of 500 riders and leave over 8,200 victims with life-threatening injuries that require extensive and life-long medical treatment. Our team works diligently to ensure victims collect the compensation they need for past, present, and future medical treatment, lost wages, property damages, to list a few.
- Scooter Accidents: Around 800 people are injured in scooter accidents throughout our state annually. Roughly 18% of victims sustain life-altering or fatal injuries in these unpredictable collisions. Although scooter use is on the rise statewide, we see far too many drivers sharing the road act negligently in their presence. When victims are injured in a scooter accident in or around Jacksonville, the lawyers at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates can assist them in getting the justice they deserve.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable in accidents involving a vehicle of any type. They remain completely exposed to outer forces having minimal protection, leaving little chance of escaping injury in accidents involving vehicles that outweigh them by several thousands of pounds. Our team of experienced pedestrian accident attorneys in Jacksonville understands the unique challenges injured pedestrians face, which is why we strive to help them get the justice and compensation they deserve.
If you were injured in an accident, through no fault of your own, contact our auto accident attorneys in Jacksonville, Florida at your earliest convenience to explore legal options available to you.
Causes of Auto Accidents in Jacksonville, Florida
There are various reasons why motor vehicle accidents take place in Florida on a daily basis. Although these accidents can happen at any time, and for any reason, we see common trends of negligence and reckless behaviors that continue to cause serious injury accidents. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Florida our team at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates have handled on behalf of injured victims involve:
- Distracted Drivers: the majority of motor vehicle accidents across Florida are caused by distracted drivers. There are many instances where drivers use their cellphones to text or talk, change the radio, eat or drink while driving, and converse with others in the vehicle. These actions take the attention of drivers off the road, even just for seconds, ending in devastating collisions.
- Driving Under the Influence: Drivers who consume alcohol or take drugs before getting behind the wheel increase the likelihood of disastrous accidents. These drivers have delayed response times to things happening around them, which makes it more likely that they will break traffic laws and collide with other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Product Liability: When the brakes fail on a car, the accelerator jams, or other mechanical problems occur, it can have horrific consequences. Drivers may have a difficult time maintaining control of their vehicles when parts malfunction. These accidents are often grievous and require the skill of a proficient auto accident attorney in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Driving Conditions: Unfamiliar roadways and unsafe weather and driving conditions can be extremely dangerous. Those who are not experienced operating their vehicles on wet and slippery surfaces may have problems staying in control of their vehicle. Unsafe and unfamiliar roadways can cause problems for drivers when it comes to turning, stopping, staying in their lanes, and maintaining control of their vehicle.
- Reckless Driving Behaviors: There are a great number of accidents that occur along Florida roadways caused by reckless and negligent driving behaviors. When drivers exceed the speed limit, fall asleep behind the wheel, switch lanes without signaling or looking, or perform other irresponsible actions while operating their vehicles, they increase the risk of losing control of their vehicles and causing accidents with others sharing the road.
If you were injured in an auto accident, through no fault of your own, it is crucial that you reach out to a personal injury attorney in Jacksonville, Florida as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation to help cover the financial burdens you face throughout your recovery.
The Importance of Working with a Knowledgeable Auto Accident Attorney
Being harmed in a motor vehicle accident can have a detrimental impact on the mental, physical, and financial health and well-being of victims. Those injured in these horrific incidents can benefit greatly by working with an experienced accident attorney. Our team at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates works diligently to help victims collect full and fair compensation for their legal claims in order to obtain the medical treatment they need and tend to their injuries as they recover.
We understand the challenges accident victims face. For this reason, we dedicate a great deal of time and effort to making the legal process as pain-free and uncomplicated as possible. Our team provides a plethora of services to victims to ensure they are capable of maintaining their legal rights and obtaining the justice and compensation they deserve. Some of the services our team provides for auto accident victims include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating the scene of the accident to uncover evidence on-site
- Gather evidence such as documents, photos, videos, and any available surveillance recordings from nearby homes or businesses
- Take statements and testimony from witnesses
- Work with experts who can recreate the scene of the accident
- Gather repair statements, medical records, and police reports for victims
- Maintain open and honest communication with victims throughout the entire claims process
Our Jacksonville personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates aggressively negotiate on behalf of victims to ensure they collect full and fair compensation to alleviate the financial burdens they face after an accident. If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement, we provide competent and trustworthy legal representation to victims when litigating the matter in court to ensure they receive the outcome they deserve for their legal claims. Our team is dedicated to helping victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover the financial burdens they face due to:
- Past, present, and future medical treatment
- Physical therapy and long-term care
- Lost wages for doctor appointments
- Lost earning capacity when forced out of work indefinitely
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property repair costs
- Loss of Consortium
Our compassionate auto accident attorneys in Jacksonville are dedicated to helping victims get the justice and compensation they deserve so they are able to confidently move forward and recover. We stop at nothing to help those harmed protect their legal rights while they focus on recovering. Contact our law firm today to see how our team can assist you.
The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates Can Help You
Nearly 700 people are injured in motor vehicle accidents throughout Florida daily. Many accidents are preventable, yet we continue to see the disastrous consequences of reckless and negligent drivers who inflict serious damages and injuries on the roadways. Many victims who are injured in auto accidents are must be admitted into local area hospitals for days, weeks, or even months while they obtain the medical treatment they require for their injuries.
When accidents involve pedestrians, motorcycles, or semi-trucks, victims often require months or even years of therapy. The unfortunate truth is that many victims never truly recover from the devastating injuries they sustain in auto accidents. When victims are harmed in collisions, due to the reckless actions of others, they should contact an auto accident attorney in Jacksonville to explore legal options available to them.
Over the years, our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Sheftall & Associates have assisted thousands of victims to obtain the justice they deserve after being harmed in devastating collisions. Our team provides proven and effective legal representation to victims across northeastern Florida to ensure they are able to hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions. We work aggressively to help accident victims achieve full and fair compensation so they are able to get the medical treatment they need and tend to their financial burdens as they recover. Contact our car accident attorneys in Jacksonville, Florida by calling (904) 647-2296 at your earliest convenience. Schedule a free no obligations consultation to explore legal options available for you.