Providing outstanding legal services for over 40 years


Live Oak, FL – Car Accident with Injuries at US-129 and 112th St

High Springs, FL – One Killed in Fatal Accident at CR-337 and 50th St

High Springs, FL (July 16, 2020) – Early this morning, a fatal accident took place at an intersection in High Springs.

The accident, according to police, took place when two or more vehicles collided at the intersection of CR-337 and 50th Street around 7 a.m. The accident happened due to circumstances that are still under investigation.

When police arrived at the scene, they found two or more vehicles that sustained severe damages after colliding with one another. Numerous emergency responders were present at the scene as well, including paramedics. It is not known if any parties were injured but one victim was tragically pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. Police have not confirmed the exact identity of the individual.

Multiple lanes at the intersection were blocked until police were able to clear the scene. However, they reopened all lanes before noon.

No further details regarding the accident have been released. The investigation into the circumstances of the crash continues.

We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time.

Fatal Accidents in Florida 

High Springs, FL – One Killed in Fatal Accident at CR-337 and 50th StFlorida sees more fatal collisions than many other states throughout the U.S. due to the fact that there are more drivers on our roads. In fact, according to data released by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles in 2013, over 15 million licensed drivers were traveling the roads in 2013 within the state of Florida. In 2011 alone, over 2,400 people lost their lives due to these accidents, with these numbers increasing each year. Losing a loved one can bring hardship to a family and friends of the loved one, which is why it is important for them to be prepared.

Fatal collisions happen unexpectedly in Florida for many reasons. In the blink of an eye, a life could be unexpected and wrongfully taken due to aspects like distracted driving, intoxication, speeding, fatigue, and many other related reasons. If you believe that another party is responsible for a Florida car accident that led to the fatality of a loved one, you must be able to show through your personal injury claim that there is evidence pointing toward this. All drivers are expected to abide by a degree of care. If you have lost a loved one and believe that another party was acting under the degree of care expected of them, you may have the right to bring a wrongful death claim.

For years, our accident attorneys at Sheftall & Associates have dedicated ourselves to assisting families who have suffered the traumatic loss of a loved one in an accident. If you can establish liability through the evidence that you provide, you may find that you and your loved ones are eligible for a variety of damages as you grieve your losses. You should never have to worry about the stressful aftermath of an accident that your loved one did not cause and how you will pick up the financial pieces left behind. Please contact a Florida wrongful death attorney as soon as possible at (904) 569-6025 to find out how we can help you through this difficult time.

Note: As a result of the secondary sources that were used to complete this post, the information included within has not been independently verified by our own staff and may include misinformation. If you read something that, to your knowledge, is incorrect, please contact us as soon as possible and we will correct the inaccuracy.

Disclaimer: As members of the local Jacksonville and broader Florida community, we hope everyone in our community is safe and protected. We cover the events included in this blog as a way to offer support to the victims in similar circumstances and to provide relief during these difficult times. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. You should speak with a trained legal professional for more information regarding your situation.